Saturday, September 26, 2009

An Introduction to My Readers


What Brings Me Here?

To put it bluntly, my passion is for interior design. I have been attached to those home improvement and makeover shows since I have been old enough to understand the English language. As a child, i would be in my room rearranging my furniture and collectibles almost every month. It would drive my mother crazy. I am one of those people who are glued to the Home and Garden Network (HGTV) and I actually write down the tips given by the designer hosts. It's just "my thing". I make any trip to a person's house a walk-through tour for my own pleasure.

I often find myself sitting in a room and imagining to change it in some way or another. I may picture rearranged furniture, a different color draping the walls, or a solution to some design dilemma. There may even be a piece of art or furniture I am caught gawking at, and I am lost in haze of what to do with it. Any time, any place, I am constantly designing my way into my own blue prints. But, it's not all about making things "pretty", there's way more to it than what meets the eye. You do know that design needs to be practical right?

So here I am to share my idea's with you. Design can be pulled from all the corners of the earth and it's up to you to see what your style is and how certain colors, patterns, and textures make you feel. After all, when you walk into a room, a certain feeling should capture you. You don't have to be a design "freak" like me to enjoy interior design. Design is fun, creative, and worth a little elbow grease. But above everything else, design is art... why not live in it?

1 comment:

  1. Found your article and pictures interesting.
    Hmmm, I wonder where you took your pictures.

    DD

    ReplyDelete